A Java-based powerful disk usage utility. It outputs a table and a tree. Both can be sorted.
- Report disk usage.
- Find duplicates.
- Scan remote computers.
- Export the result to Excel, Access, MySQL, etc.
- In the table: control + mouse click to sort on multiple columns. You can also move the colums.
- In the tree: the same data is displayed in the tree. Therefore sorting the tree will sort the table.
- You need the checksum to look for duplicates. After looking for duplicates, sort the duplicates descending (=twice), then the bytes size descending then the checksum. Then move those columns next to the filename.
- To copy the path: select it then control + c.
- Written in Java. Tested on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Tiny (a few KB because it stricly uses the standard Java API).
- No installer. Unzip and start.
- Fast: each file is accessed only once during a scan.
- Freeware, open source. No spyware inside.
- Unzip it.
- Launch it.
- If TinyScan doesn't start, (re)install Java (5 or above).